ELIZABETH W. BENSON, M.D.
After graduating from medical school at the University of South Alabama in Mobile in 1993, Dr. Benson did a general surgery internship at the same institution, followed by Naval Flight Surgeon Training at NAS Pensacola. She spent the next four years deploying with a Marine Harrier squadron based at Cherry Point, North Carolina. Having completed her military service obligation, Dr. Benson returned to Alabama for residency training in anatomic and clinical pathology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she also did a fellowship in cytopathology. Dr. Benson has been a member of Pensacola Pathologists since 2003. She is board certified in Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, and Cytopathology.
- Medical Degree from University of South Alabama College of Medicine
- General Surgery Internship at the University of South Alabama
- Pathology Residency at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Cytology Fellowship at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Board Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified in Cytopathology